Thursday, December 20, 2007

back in the saddle

I used to blog. Not a lot. Just enough to feel like I was part of the IN crowd. I was motivated by work in a Comp/Rhet course taught by the humbly brilliant Collin Brooke. After the course, my blogging faded behind completing course work, preparing for qualifying exams that have yet to be taken, work, family, etc. It’s a story shared a million times by a million bloggers on a million blogs.

So what’s different this time? Nothing really. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and research lately regarding the nature of persona and the role of technology. The laughable and factually inaccurate “Shift Happens” did get me to ask myself a simple question: “As someone who works with, for, and in technology all day, how is my persona complicated by the technologies I interface with?” OK, maybe it’s not a simple question, but I am curious. Maybe this second time ‘round the blog pole will be more sustained, more rewarding, and a little more fun.

No comments: