Friday, February 20, 2009

war skills

I'll waste a good portion of next Monday sitting in a small room with a hack consultant and my frustrated peers. To prepare for the meeting, I'm putting together a list of questions/answers to help get me in the correct state of mind.

The focus of our session? Long-term strategic enrollment management planning. Whew! I'll write that on a cheat-sheet and refer to it often.

My greatest fear? We'll spend a good portion of the morning trying to define "long-term" against an existing shabby definition of "short-term."

Why will the meeting be a bust? The wanna-be academics that lead my organization do not understand that strategy without a tactical framework and execution is just a bunch of text on a meaningless page. A good long stint in the USAF will teach you that.

Open mind. Keep an open mind.

No comments: