Tuesday, February 3, 2009

something to say

Some years ago I realized that I would never be any good at golf. In that moment of understanding, I came to view the game from an entirely different perspective.

The same can be said for my continuity with blogging, journaling, and the other forms non-work related writing I thoroughly enjoy but find little time to do. There are those lucid moments in the car, barreling down the road with such a super heightened sense of awareness that you're consciously unaware of everything except the brilliant idea you're telling yourself you need to remember. And "Oh yeah, this will be a great topic to write about." By the time you arrive at the cave and finish the first cup of tar, your brilliance is a fading ember and that fantastic blog post is lost to the next day dreamer.

Commitments are funny things. They do tend to keep you honest though.

No comments: